Wednesday, October 7, 2020

What genre is MY film going to be?


 From the three genres I had to pick from, I thought that my film would be able to fit into any of them. After looking into them some more, I've realized that some of them may not be the best fit for the plot of my film after all. I've been able to eliminate surrealist fiction from the possible genres list. This is because, all though any film can have their own style, I don't think anything I could do would fit into this genre well. Left with just psychological horror and horror drama as my remaining genres, I've also decided not to do a horror drama either. The idea for a film doesn't fit very well with the films I looked into. Now I've been left with just the psychological horror genre, which I feel fairly confident is a good fit for my film. I think this gives me a good opportunity to add more confusion into the film. For example, having things happen that may just be hallucinations or something of that nature. I feel as if I'll be able to take a lot of inspiration from this genre. 

Some ideas I have for this movie are going to need other people to help, unless I'm able to make Rube Goldberg machines for every practical effect I want to add. Ever since I've thought of this film, I've always wanted to have a shot of the door to the room opening on its own and having my character look back at it. I believe that this could be a good way to foreshadow how the film is going to end. By having my character hesitate to investigate the door, it'll be a contrast to the end of the movie where he'll leave his room hurriedly. Other than that, I will need to come up with other events that can take place. I want to emphasize that the main character's time alone has started to drive him crazy. To accomplish this, I'll also need to show that he's been on his own for a while. A few ideas I've come up with would be to involve my family in this and use them to show what living with this character entails. That'll come later though, for now I've got my genre decided. I will keep thinking of ideas until the time to storyboard arrives though.

No comments:

Post a Comment