Thursday, January 16, 2020

And The Winner Is...

      Out of the last 3 pitches presented in the last blog, I've decided to get rid of one of the proposed plots. The one I've decided to get rid of is the action movie. Although I really liked the idea, I don't see how I'd be able to pull it off without group members. One would think that acting would be the same without group members, as the main antagonists are supposed to be clones of the protagonists. But having group members would help by giving me body doubles to use for the clones. Getting rid of this idea leaves me with the horror and mystery films. Both of which have their ups and downs.
      The horror film would be fun to film, the idea I have in mind has me frantically trying to keep a door closed against a monster that isn't there. But then I would think of what to do next, I can think of a few ideas of what to do while staying inside of the requirements of this project. Scenes including my character breaking down or finding a way to keep the door shut would pad out the run time. Hopefully enough to make it possible to go with this idea, but there is a problem with the starting scene that could ruin this pitch altogether. Filming at home presents the issue of filming in a way that doesn't disturb anyone. If I open the movie with me loudly opening and slamming the door closed repeatedly, doing so for multiple takes, someone would take notice and possibly reprimand me. However, I could warn anyone currently in the house of what I'm doing and the noise it'll make. Alternatively, there may be a way I could act out the scene without making any noticeable noise at all.
      The mystery film would be interesting to set up. I'd come up with different places to put the camera that would provide a more believable set of angles. Then I could work to add an effect that would make it look like the footage was being watched on a surveillance monitor. I'm excited to mess around with the possibilities of this plot; the different camera angles, the acting in scenes, and the preparation all give me a challenge and opportunity to make a decent video. Out of the two pitches, this is the one that has my mind racing the most. I have tons of idea on how to expand this and the only limitations I have are my creativity.
      Out of the two pitches presented, I think it's obvious that I'm going with the mystery film. It has so many different paths I could take with it. There's enough ideas on what to do that I could shoot past 2 minutes. This is good, as I won't have to worry about stretching out the video to reach the maximum time. One of the ideas I have, requires me to prerecord some footage to watch. Which is interesting as I'll have to think of how to make that believable as well. I could have the person watching tune into the feed to discover the protagonist investigating one of his cameras. Or I could bring the camera back to reveal who it is surveying the main character. To me, it was clear which plot I was going to decide on for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment