Thursday, November 5, 2020

Planning for Short Film

 


Before I'm able to start filming, I need to layout plans for more than just the story. So, before I start, I'll plan my schedule, where I'll be filming, who's going to be helping with production, what safety precautions I'll be taking, what props I'll be using, and what costumes I'll be wearing.

In comparison to my project last year, I have a lot more filming to do with this short film. Mostly due to the increased length of the project, but also because my plans will require me to record some scenes twice. Not only will I need more time to film, but I'll also have set times to film as well. Some of the scenes require me to be awake early in the morning or late at night. So, to make sure filming doesn't interfere with school in anyway, I plan on recording during the weekend. Of course, this isn't going to prohibit me from filming during weekdays; if there are scenes that I need to record and I have time to record, then there's no reason for me not to record.

As for my filming location, I will be filming around my house. Mostly, I will be filming in my room but there are scenes that require me to film in my kitchen or outside of my room. Although it isn't the most exciting place to record, it makes planning safety precautions easier. Because I'm filming at home, I can be confident that at least one of parents will be nearby. As a backup, my niece will also be here as well.

Last year, I filmed all of my projects with me being the only cast member. Along with the amount of group members I have, this will not change this year. The plans I have for filming will have me take on two roles and use editing to have those characters appear on screen at the same time. If it turns out that I've overestimated my editing skills, then I'll be able to pass off one of the roles to a family member.

I've explained how my filming at home will help cover the filming precautions, but there is something else that I plan on doing. Before I start filming, I plan letting everyone in the house that I will be filming. This will not only prevent anyone from walking in and ruining a take, but also to make sure that they are aware that something may go awry.

Finally, I the only props that I have written into the script are two plates. One plate will be filled with food and the other will be empty. There are two instances where the full plate will be used and one instance where the empty plate will be used. As for costumes, the main character will be dressed in casual wear up until the end, where they will be dressed for school. For casual wear, I have a wide selection of outfits to choose. For the school outfit, I'll have a backpack and an outfit that is more appropriate for school. The last costume I'll need is an all black outfit for the figure character. I already have the school costume and the all black outfits chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment