Tuesday, January 5, 2021

The Final Stretch (Editing)

 



With everything finished, I'm now ready to put together the film. After editing a little bit already, I can already see that I've messed up a few things while recording. The main issue being that I didn't wait long enough before continuing down the script. The problem this creates is that the questions likely overlap the answer before or after it. So far, I've been able to remedy this problem by just cutting out some of the excess from the questions. Pauses, uh's, okay's, etc aren't vital to the question and are expendable. I'm not completely finished with editing, so it's possible that this trend doesn't continue. So far, I've added titles, cut up the questions, and began on placing the first few questions. The rest should be a fairly simple process. All I need to do is properly place the rest of the questions and cut in a few clips from filming. There is still a topic of whether I'm going to change the interviewer's voice or not. It seems fine right now, but maybe my playing both roles may get a bit confusing. If it does, I can pitch shift the interviewer's voice. That way, I'll sound much different depending on who's speaking.

I'm not done editing for today, not yet. I've only decided to take a small break due to my editing software crashing repeatedly. I can definitely get everything done today, hopefully I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment