Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Filming on the Other End of the Camera

 



Unlike yesterday, I was actually in frame while recording today. I wrote about filming the lines of the interviewer yesterday and today I filmed on the other end of the camera. This time I was playing the interviewee. The worries I had yesterday about the film all falling on my acting have been mostly subdued. I feel as though I've done a good job acting both naturally and unnaturally at the same time. By that I mean, the character on screen isn't too far off of how I would be if I were in that situation. However, he is still a lot more nervous and awkward than I would be. One thing that made its way into my acting from how I act normally is my hand movements. When speaking formally, I tend to move my hands a lot to help explain to subject better. This tendency is more than represented in my acting.

So far, I've recorded all of my lines up until I switch into the Dark Figure costume. It took me a while to figure out what camera angle looked the best and what to do about the lighting reflecting off my glasses. In the end, I did the best I could and settled with a decent angle. Not much I could do about my glasses. It'd be impossible to sneak a look at the script without it looking horribly obvious without them. All I need to do now is record the second half of the interview, edit it all together, and render the final products. Assuming there will be no need for any reshoots, of course. I would've finished recording the full interview before blogging, but my camera died. Anyways, I expect to need to do a bit of problem solving during the editing process. I want to include to clips in the film, but I've only made room for one in the script. I doubt I'll need to rewrite a portion of the script, but I don't have any idea of where to fit in the second clip. I'll figure that out when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment