Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Filming! I Didn't Know I Still Did That!


 

Before jumping into the actual filming, I had to record some lines. These lines are meant to be that of an interviewer. In the script, I wrote the film to play out as an interview of the producer of "Secluded." To accomplish that effect, I needed to have an interviewer, obviously. To preserve the spirit of "Secluded," I opted to have myself be the interviewer and to have my voice be cut into the film to make it seem as if I was asking myself questions from behind the camera. To make the audio sound as natural as possible, I set up the camera and sat a fair distance behind it. Which is why the picture above is of an empty chair. It's a picture taken while filming, yes, but all I filmed was just a corner of my room. What I'm going to do next is actually act out the interview as the interviewee, i.e. myself.

I'm a little nervous about playing the part myself, seeing as there's so many aspects to it. I need to act as I would, but at the same time play up some of my more negative attributes. I need to seem even more obsessive with the project than I really am and I need to seem a lot more embarrassed by some of the mishaps that have occurred. Not only does my acting play a role, but I also need to worry about the audio as well. I'll need to get deep into production to see whether I should go for clear audio when recording as the interviewer, or if I should record in the same environment to help it blend in more. In comparison to other microphones I've used, the microphone on my camera is a lot more sensitive than any other. It can pick up background noise from other places in the house and really likes to amplify the noises of my air conditioning, even when I don't hear it. I expect my voice to come through clearly. When I was re-enacting events for the mockumentary, my voice was clearer beyond my expectations. The problem lies with the background noise. In any case, I'll figure it out once I dive deeper into filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment