Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Finding the Background Music

 



In preparation for the grueling filming and editing process I'm bound to have, I decided to look for some creepy background noise to put in the movie. I knew I wouldn't need hours of ambience, so I found this one video to be sufficient. Even better, the creator doesn't require permission for me to use it, not even credit. Of course I still plan to give credit, but it is nice to not need to worry about any extra processes for gaining permission. Here's the link to the video: https://youtu.be/1nD3Sp_saz4

I don't plan on using this music all throughout the film. While writing the story, I didn't picture there being any music other than some the main character potentially will be listening to. I wanted to focus on the content of the scene and using it to create a sense of unease. I've decided to include music because I realize how much of a bad idea not including it would be. Not only can music intensify a scene's mood exponentially, but it can also prevent the movie from feeling "empty." A movie feeling "empty" means that there's a lack of sound and, as a result, it is too quiet at times. This can be done well if those making the film want to use this effect in their film. I, however, didn't write this effect into my film so including it will only ruin it.

Before editing any of the scenes, I'm going to predict that I'll use the music more heavily in the scenes where the main character has left his room. I imagine the shot of the main character surveying the house he's shut himself out of will work well with the ambience of the music. If I use the music in any of the scenes inside of the room, it will most likely be quiet and fairly unnoticeable. Barring the scenes before the main character leaves the room, I don't think the scenes inside the room will need the music. Instead, I'll focus on sound effects for whenever the Dark Figure is on screen and/or when he affects the main character. After I get deeper into the making of the film, I look into what sound effects fit into it better. I'm gonna need to find out where to find those sound effects as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment