Monday, December 28, 2020

Editing, Finally

 



While rewriting my short film, I planned for there to be cutaways throughout. Clips of some mishaps that occurred while filming were specifically what I wanted to include. While I was done writing for the day, I actually recorded some recreations of those mishaps. Today, I took the time to edit them. Most of them didn't require much work. All I needed to do was add captions. The one clip I did need to edit a bit was the clip where I break a lightbulb on accident. I didn't have any footage of me actually breaking the lightbulb, so this was one of the clips I had to reenact. To make things clear, I didn't actually break a lightbulb or burn myself while recording the clip. When it actually happened, I didn't burn myself then either. As for breaking the bulb, I was completely fine afterward. My hand was protected and my parents were nearby.

Alongside these clips, I want to include the first scene that I recorded and edited. I plan on working it into the film as an intro of sorts. I'll have a portion, if not all, of it play, then cut to my character speaking about it. "Then I had to cut a lot of out of focus clips, leading to that scene being unusable." This line, which will also talk about what happened during production, will introduce my character. I don't expect everything to be related to real life experiences, but I'll feel better about the product if I can bring in those experiences naturally. I want to make it seem like the production of this film was filled with mishaps and slapstick chaos, while not being over-the-top and unbelievable. It'll take some workshopping, but I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment