Thursday, December 24, 2020

Finding Sound Effects

 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILtw7SKMjCQ

I didn't plan on finding the sound effects for the film today, but I decided to get it out of the way. The search for these was a lot easier than the search for music. While I knew what I wanted for both the music and effects, there were a lot more sound effects to choose from. Shown in the picture above, the video I'm going with contains 5 different impact sound effects. I'm sure I'll appreciate the extra choices when I'm editing. I'll appreciate it even more considering that I'll need to change the sound a bit before use. For example, I'll need to change the volume and maybe the pitch of the sound. I expect to use this sound effect whenever the Dark Figure disappears off-screen. When I do use this effect, I don't want it to be extremely noticeable. I'll aim to make it subtle, that way it won't ruin the experience in any way.

I plan on making another post for Christmas tomorrow. I'll have to come up with what to post. I plan on making another picture, but I might also be able to make a video. I'll have to put a lot more thought into it. I've already done a picture with the Dark Figure in a Christmas Hat, so if I use him again it'll have to be different. I don't want to recycle the same idea and have him in a hat again. Instead, I might use a Christmas present to make it different. Of the few ideas I have, I'm considering making a Christmas card. It would be a fun side project to work on while I have the time. I'll figure it out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment