Sunday, December 27, 2020

The Writing Blog?


 

Yes, the writing blog. Instead of blogging about filming scenes, I'm here to talk about rewriting my short film. Throughout the short filming process of my original story, I've gone through trials and tribulations time and time again. While I could work through it and make the original story, I imagine doing that would lead to a final product that I'm not happy with. So to avoid this, I've decided to rewrite the story I want to tell and take a more meta approach to it. Instead of filming a story about a shut-in being haunted by his past, I'm going to film a story about the filming of the story about a shut-in being haunted by his past. I want to make a mockumentary about the production of this short film. I feel as if this will lead to a better product due to most of the blunders and mistakes I'll be talking about in the mockumentary have actually happened during the filming of my original story.

I'm not going to just throw out everything I've done in preparation of filming my horror story. Instead, I'm going to use my promotional website and social medias as pieces of lore in the film. They'll play a part in the characters' journey through filming. I haven't figured everything out yet, which is why I took today to start writing and figuring out how to make this idea work. With what I've written out so far, I expect the film to be one long interview about the upcoming movie. I'm going to exaggerate my clumsiness in the dialogue of the characters and have them reflect some of my own feelings throughout this project. Just like my original idea, this new film is going to rely on my acting. Since there's no special effects or action packed scenes, I'm going to have to carry the film with my performance. Hopefully writing that down will ensure I do a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment