Sunday, December 20, 2020

Social Media Managing

 




Today I made and posted a Christmas photo on my social medias. I didn't plan on posting content that was directly related to filming, but a few setbacks have stopped me from being able to film and caused me to do this. Above is the photo that I made earlier today. The quality isn't the best due to the photo being taken on my phone, but I find that to be acceptable. I think the quality is fine because of the inclusion of the Dark Figure. It implies that his presence distorts the footage, which I think is a cool piece of lore to have. I don't plan on incorporating this into the film, which is why I'm not filming with my phone, but it is fine if it's for a picture.

The easiest part of making this picture was editing it together. Since I wasn't able to use a proper camera, I couldn't use my phone to remotely take pictures. This meant I had to record myself getting into position as both myself and the Dark Figure. Hopefully it isn't a surprise that both people in this image is me. I've been getting good at blending together images to clone myself. I've practiced before working on the film and I feel as if I've hit my stride. Now I need to get better at masking shots together. While I don't necessarily look forward to masking together my next scene, I am excited for the practice I'll get while doing it. I expect to make a few more images like this, despite whatever setback I'm facing. Whenever I edit a photo for this effect, I feel proud of myself for getting better and better at it. The first picture I made wasn't the best, but I was able to improve as I made more. I learned to keep the camera angle and lighting as close as possible to the first shot, which makes the editing 1000 times easier. I plan on filming as soon as I get the chance, the problem is when that chance will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment