Saturday, December 26, 2020

The (Almost) Filming Blog!

 



With the small break I took yesterday, I plan to jump back into filming soon. I've been unable to film due to some issues on my part. With any luck, I'll be able to start filming once more tomorrow. To make up for my long absence, I'm going to need to film as much as possible for the next few days. My situation may not be that dire, but it's what I plan on doing. I'm not too worried about the filming itself. Instead, I expect the editing to take the most time. Out of everything, masking is definitely going to be what causes editing to take the longest. While masking, I need to go through each frame and make sure that the path looks good and doesn't move unnecessarily. It's what caused the first scene to be a hassle to edit and it'll repeat throughout production.

What I hope to happen while editing is that I'll get better at masking. Not only so that the final product looks better, but also so it takes less time to do. My favorite part of doing these projects is always getting better at something. Last year, I improved at filmmaking in general. I learned just how much filmmaking relies on the editing. Before, I treated editing as just cutting clips and putting them together. After making just my commercial, I learned that editing also included fading in and out, correcting mistakes, and changing how the scene looks. This year, I've learned the importance of lighting in a scene and I'm off to learn how to mask better. Despite the quality of my final product, I'll be able to look back and be proud of my growth. I still want to make a good final product though.

No comments:

Post a Comment