Sunday, November 24, 2019

Film Blog

      The way the schedule works at our school is that you have 8 classes total. 4 classes one day and the other 4 the next. My plan was to sign out a camera over the weekend to film a bit before the break, but the day I have this class falls on Thursday. There's a rule that if you sign out a camera, you have to return it the next day. Our teacher has allowed us to bypass this rule and return the cameras Monday instead. Most groups are taking advantage of this and I plan to do so as well. So I'm writing this paragraph before the weekend as an introduction of sorts. As always, I expect the process to go smoothly. I've listened to this song multiple times and my storyboard fits with what I imagine the music video looks like. I also expect filming to take around an hour.

      I started and finished filming on Sunday, I got all the footage I needed. However, it wasn't the footage I planned to get on my storyboard. I decided to record a backup video in case I was never able to get the living room to myself. The video is more of a conversation between a returning friend and their roommate. One would be sitting down on his phone and the other would come through the door. The song has a conversational tone so I was able to make this scenario work. I didn't storyboard this alternate video, so it was mainly just me improving my movements. As I've mentioned before, I have listened to this song before so it was easy to think of what to do on the spot. The two characters were wildly different, the returning roommate had most of the lines while the other roommate only had two. The returning roommate, who I'll call NF, had more space to move around compared to the one already there.

      The costumes for this alternative were easy to put together. NF wore all black and the roommate wore a grey jacket. I decided to get a little particular with the outfit and make it so that NF didn't wear glasses, while the roommate did. As I said before, the two characters were way different. Not only did the roommate have only two lines, but he also just sat in his chair and texted while NF spoke. However, NF took a lot more energy. He stood while he performed and that led to me walking around a bit too. Then there was the need to perform the whole minute of the video. I definitely found playing NF a lot more fun than the roommate, even though it took me a while to completely remember the lyrics. I plan on recording the actual storyboard over the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment