Friday, November 15, 2019

The Conventions of NF Research

      With the commercials being done and submitted, we're ready to start a new project. This time, we're going to be making our own music videos. Now that I've learned to use a camera and tripod, this project should be much easier. While filming the commercial, there was a small amount of time spent learning the different features of the tripod. This time around, I'll be able to skip that part and start recording. This time I'll be able to film off campus and use a piece of media I enjoy. So I'm a lot more excited to do this project than the first.
      Just like the last project, I'm working on my own for this one. This made picking the song pretty easy. Once I heard we were going to be doing this project, I've been thinking about which song I wanted to do. I've decided to do The Search, a song with the same name as its album. The Search was made by NF, a rapper. Judging by the artist, the song is a part of the rap genre. Although, NF's videos normally go against the expectations of this genre.
      In his recent music videos, NF uses a lot of long and medium long shots. He makes sure that he's in the shot, keeping the camera around the eye level. If he's moving around or walking, usually the camera tracks him. NF doesn't really have a costume, he just wears his normal apparel if the video doesn't call for a special outfit. The lighting is usually a little dark, still having enough light to clearly see what's going on. When it comes to makeup, NF has a signature look of a black streak going along his mouth; reminiscent of the Joker's smile. He also has another signature for props in the form of 5 black balloons. The setting changes but is usually somewhere noticeable, some locations that come to mind are: an abandoned classroom, an alleyway, and a barren wasteland with black sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment