Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Editing the Commercial

      Today we were meant to start editing our commercials, but due to some technical difficulties we were unable to do so. The computers we have aren't working with the software we are required to use. So for now, we don't have the ability to start editing. The solution to this problem is to have us edit on laptops, which will also take time to be set up. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm a little relieved by this. I've edited over 100 videos in the past and using the software on a slow computer would kill me inside. It's good that we're getting an upgrade from the worn out computers. Editing on the laptops should be a lot easier than on them. Not only do the laptops actually have speakers, they also are a lot faster and can perform simple tasks in under 5 minutes. I'd assume that the laptops will be set up by next period, so the only thing I can do now is plan.
      When it comes to the editing, my plans rely on the footage I have. Based on the takes I have, I need to know how to make the video black and white, fade out, and of course cut clips. I've used these three techniques in videos before, but never on this software. Although I'm unfamiliar, I don't think there will be much of a problem. One thing I looked over was the Nike logo I'm going to need to insert at the end of the commercial. I'll need to pull one off the internet, one that has a transparent background and preferably the motto under it. Once I have the logo I'll need to learn how to have it fade in, something I don't remember going over during the demonstration. Again, I'm not too worried. The software looked easy to understand, which makes sense for the the company it was made by. So when it comes time to edit the commercial, I think it'll go relatively smoothly.
      It's hard to write a last paragraph on this. There isn't much more to say. We can't start editing today due to some technical difficulties and I've got my plans laid out for when I can. Of course there's the simple solution of using laptops, but that's going to take a while to set up. That's all the information I have at the moment. It wasn't specified in what way the program stopped working, just that it did. I can only form speculations as to what happened. If I had to guess, I'd say the computers couldn't handle all the extra work and finally gave up. They still work for anything else, apparently just doesn't work for pinnacles studios. I'm not too concerned with it, as long as I can get it done eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment