Friday, October 11, 2019

Planning Blog for Nike Commercial

      Today's assignment is to blog about my plan for my Nike commercial. Using past official commercials, I can come up with a few outlines and apply one. The outline I've chosen includes using clips from historical moments in sports. The weather won't have too much of an impact on the filming. Granted, there will be some shots that I won't be able to do, but it won't be that much of a hindrance.
      When it comes to props the list is short, actually there isn't a list. I'm planning to have the subject(me) looking out over a balcony, with a voice over relaying what they're thinking. For this I really won't need any props, it's more important what's being worn. If needed, a shot can be added where the subject puts in earbuds and goes running. In that case, the only thing I would need is the earbuds, which I already have.
      The costume would be, predictably, any Nike product available. I already have a pair of Nike shoes that I wear daily, but I want something more noticeable. A jacket, shirt, or pants would be enough. As long as it has the Nike logo or name on it, it will be enough. The costume list isn't very complicated, similar to the prop list, so it wouldn't be that difficult to prepare. If I don't have anything else, I can use different shots to shift focus on the shoes.
      I doubt I'd need more than one day to get enough shots, but it's good to have extra to fall back on. This doesn't mean I'm not doing anything on those extra days though. I'm going to be watching the weather, seeing if it's raining or sunny. I originally imagined to have the commercial take place during a rainy day, but that would cut out a lot of my possible shots. The commercial could take place during either sunny or rainy days, both would require around the same amount of work.
      The location list varies depending on the weather. If raining, I'd really only need to go just outside the class. Maybe out to the walk way leading to the track. The same for a sunny day. The difference would be how far out I could go, a sunnier day would allow me to go out onto the track. If I were to include this shot, I'd walk out onto the track. On a rainy day, I'd pull my hood up under cover and make it look like I was going out to run in the rain, then cut the commercial.
      The concept I have in mind is pretty flexible. When it comes to weather, either a rainy or sunny day could play into its strengths. With that covered, I have to look into the length of the commercial. Something else that I have covered, there are multiple shots that I could include on top of the historical clips I intend on including. My storyboard will outline the basics of my commercial, what the original idea was. As a backup, I'll shoot extra shots that may not be included. This will prevent the commercial being too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment