Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Editing, Again

      After filming the tilt and pan, I had to put them into the film. As mentioned before, the film was already the maximum length. This meant that I had to cut out some footage that was already in. As I filmed the tilt and pan to go into the beginning of the film, I had to put it in there as well. To do this, I removed some of the build up and entered the movements. Cutting out the build up also included removing the titles that were already rendered in. To remedy this issue, I did my best to match up the titles and transfer them. While doing this, I ran into an issue with the audio. This made me thankful for being on my own editing software. I was comfortable with it enough to know how to separate the audio and video. Doing this allowed me to change the footage while keeping the audio the same. This shouldn't create any issues as the audio was really only the music ramping up. When I was done with the titles, I watched both of them appear to make sure it was good. I used a feature on the program where you can "mute" layers of the timeline. This would temporarily remove the layer, making it not appear on the timeline or make no noise. Swapping between the two with this feature showed me how close I was getting with the imitation. I did well enough, however some of the titles didn't match up. This is okay, as the new placement isn't too much of a change. In the end, I was able to include the remaining movements. I'm happy with how it looks and can put it to rest now.

         How it looks now... maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment