Thursday, March 5, 2020

Filming the Final Scenes

      Before we peer reviewed, I filmed the rest of the film. I needed all of the scenes including the hooded man. I was able to get the high angles and the over the shoulder shots easily. However, I had to come up with a way to obscure my face. The solution to this was to take a black shirt and tie it around my face like a mask. This, paired with my hood, was a good enough disguise for the hooded man. All of the scenes with the hooded man flowed together during filming. Most of his screen time is watching the first scenes on a laptop. Thanks to this, I was able to film all of his scenes in an hour or two. This includes multiple backup takes. When recording the scene where the hooded man is watching K, I had to decide if I wanted to play the audio from the laptop. In the end, I decided to play the audio from the laptop. Although the music from K's earbuds would not make sense, it helped with timing my lines. I waited for the music to fade out to deliver my lines on both the over the shoulder and the high angle. When filming, I think about the editing process and what I'll do during it. This time, I thought about cutting into the over the shoulder shot before saying my next line. To make this easier, I used the timing and paused before delivering the next line. I took multiple takes as I always found something wrong with the acting. Finally, I got three that I thought went well and got to editing. The editing process took about as much time, but that's for the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment