Monday, March 9, 2020

Editing the Final(ish) Product

      For the peer reviews, I wanted to have a rough draft ready. So, the weekend before I doubled down and worked to complete it all. I planned on filming all of Saturday then editing on Sunday. However, I ended up filming and editing on Saturday. After filming, I got down to editing the scenes for the hooded man. I cut the high angle and over the shoulder shots together, as mentioned before. Not only did I cut the scenes together, I also muted the audio for the over the shoulder shot. This made sure that the audio wasn't messed up in any way when cutting. It also relieved me of having to time the cuts so that the lines are delivered naturally. I didn't need to worry about the mouth movements matching up as the hooded man wore a mask and. Also the camera was behind him, so that nullified any need to match mouth movements. Editing the hooded man's scenes turned into putting all of the clips together, which turned into adding all the titles, and that finished the movie. I can't say I'm unhappy with getting it all done early, I don't know who would, but it was definitely a welcome surprise. When assembling the movie, I found that I had too much footage. I could've easily made a 5-10 minute long film, but needed to cut it down a lot. I removed some of the hooded man watching the scenes, the darkness from the second scene, and all of the scenes after the fifth one. This put a large dent in the run time of the film and put me at exactly two minutes. I wish I could've added everything in, but I'm okay with having all that's in now. I wish I knew that the film would've been too long while filming, as this would've saved a lot of time and effort. In the end, I got everything done before the weekend was over and was able to present my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment