Monday, February 24, 2020

Editing the First Scene

      After filming the first scene, I decided to edit it. There wasn't much to edit, as it was a short scene. I've also decided to not add the titles yet. I'm going to do this at the end of editing. Once I have all of the scenes filmed, I am going to go back and add the titles. I feel that this will make adding the titles flow better. What I did during editing was cut out the beginning and end of the footage. This is because they included me walking out of the room and turning off the camera. Neither of these actions would fit into the film, for obvious reasons. Also, I added in the song that I chose. Adding the song was more work than it sounds like, but still simple. All I had to do was match up the lyrics with what K was saying and cut out the unneeded parts. I also made the song fade in and out at the appropriate times. It fades away faster, as K takes out the earbuds. This partially simulates how the sound would get quieter as he puts them away. Lastly, I added in a static effect at the end of the scene. After the last edits were made, I rendered the scene and saved it for final assembly. Throughout the filming and editing process, I had done everything needed. While editing, I got the clips together, got the song ready, put together the footage, and rendered the first scene. Unsurprisingly, this trend will continue throughout the making of this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment