Friday, February 21, 2020

The Actually Filming Blog

      As you could tell from the title, I did film this time. I filmed on February 20, 2020 and got through my first scene. The scene where K comes home while singing along to a song. Before, I said that I need a song for the film. I was able to choose one, without copyright, before filming. The song I chose is called Pull Up and it was made by an artist named Bazanji. The start of the song has a few seconds of build up before the chorus starts. This allowed me to time when to come in and give myself some time to let the shot rest before I started. For the entirety of the first scene, the camera is tucked away under my desk. This was a small hurdle to get through. While I could easily fit the camera and tripod under my desk, I had to angle it in a way to make it look hidden. I remedied this by angling the camera upward a bit so that the underside of the desk was visible. Not only did I want the desk to be visible, I wanted the top of the door to be visible as well. This ensured that I would fit into the shot. Although I wasn't able to get the top of the door into the shot, I was able to make the camera look hidden. Lastly, I had to worry about being heard over the song. At first I played the song out loud, but scrapped this as I needed it to fade out quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment